The Life Approach is proud to support a range of FREE programs aimed at increasing the number of girls and women entering study and careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math).
In early 2018 we will be working with the Resource Industry Network on the Equation for Equity (E4E) project, which will support and help retain women in STEM fields across Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday (MIW).
- Career Success for women in resources in STEM – a workshop for women in the early stages of their careers or who are studying or training.
This six-hour workshop is to open conversations around the barriers that women often face in STEM careers and identify strategies that may help them to stay engaged in STEM careers in the long term and eventually progress into Leadership. This course targets women within the early stages of their careers in STEM, especially apprentices, trainees and university students.
Bowen – Thursday 15th February
Mackay – Wednesday 21st February
Moranbah – Monday 5th March
2. Leadership Coaching Course – to support women in STEM careers and Leadership to further progress their careers into Leadership/ Senior Leadership roles.
This course will be delivered one-on-one over six hours (weekly or fortnightly) to women who are identified as existing or emerging leaders within mining and STEM fields. The coaching will help prepare women to move into leadership roles and also support women already in leadership roles to succeed and look at opportunities to move into more senior positions.
Topics covered in the sessions include career planning, skill-mapping, goal setting, exploring internal and external barriers, communication, self-promotion and networking.
Dates and times for the sessions will be developed in consultation with successful applicants. Participants can be referred by their employer or self-register.
This course is available to women in Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday regions.
To register an expression of interest for the six-session coaching program beginning in February 2018 please fill out this brief form.
Some of the E4E Project Objectives include:
- Increasing the number of women entering and remaining in STEM fields, research and entrepreneurship in MIW;
- Helping reduce the incidences of women leaving STEM career and study paths;
- Supporting women to set foundations for success in STEM study and career paths through an intensive mentoring and coaching program;
- Encouraging women in leadership positions across a range of industries and public roles;
- Encouraging innovation and research at a local level; andExposing the wide range of STEM career opportunities to young people in the community.
The project has received funding and support from the Australian Government’s Department of Industry, Innovation and Science as part of their Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship (WISE) program.
For more information or to discuss these free programs please contact us.